Saturday, December 3, 2011

Updates since my last post....

At 27 weeks I had to do the Glucose Tolerance Test. Which unfortunately I failed. My numbers were too high which means I had to take a 3 hour Glucose Tolerance Test. Which I also failed. Meaning...lucky me, I have gestational diabetes. Yes yes I know, it is not the end of the world, but it would be nice to have something go right. So I had an appointment/class with the Humphrey's Diabetes Center here in Boise. It was a good class, and I learned a lot. I was given a meter and have to test my blood 4 times a day. It has taken a lot of getting used to, but I am starting to get the hang of it. But it is very important that I try my hardest to keep my blood sugar levels in the right range, because I don't want to have a 10 pound baby! But there is a silver lining to this whole gestational diabetes thing....I get to have more ultrasounds to check her size! I can't wait to see my little girl again!

For Thanksgiving we went down to Burley to visit family. Michael's sister Anna was there from North Carolina with her little family. So we finally got to meet our new little niece Addison!





Michael and Anna with Addy

While we were spending time with Michael's family we started going through baby clothes/blankets and family pictures. It was fun and now we have several baby blankets for our little girl.
Michael and I now have a new project too.....we took the family pictures and we are going to scan all of them to put on CD's for the family. Big project.....oh well, it has been fun going through all of the pictures. Especially Michael's baby pictures, he was a very cute kid!

Michael has an employment update too....
He got a new job and no longer works at Petsmart! Yay! It is a full time job that pays a lot better. So that relieves some of our stress. This new job is driving truck, but luckily this time it is local, so he gets to come home after each shift. It is not his dream job, but it will work for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment