Tuesday, December 20, 2011

35 Weeks

Emmalynn this week......

Size:
At more than five pounds and between sixteen and twenty inches, baby is becoming more ready for birth with every passing hour. She's the size of a small roasting chicken.

Development:
Her nervous system and immune system are still maturing, and she's adding the fat that she'll need to regulate her body temperature. But everything else, from her toenails to the hair on her head, is fully formed. If she were born now, she'd have more than a ninety-nine percent chance of surviving.

Well it is good news that if my little girl decided to come early that she has a 99% chance of making it, because no one seems to think that I am going to make it to full term (40 weeks).
My doctor wants to induce me at 39 weeks (January 17th) if I haven't gone into labor before then, which she thinks I will. I just want my little girl to be healthy and it worries me that if she comes early that she will not be fully developed. Don't get me wrong, I want to have her here with me. Not only because I want to meet her, but I would get some relief from this "not so pleasant" pregnancy. But oh well....it will all be worth it soon! I just pray that she gets here safe and really close to January 24th! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment