Thursday, August 4, 2011

15/16 week Doctor Appointment

Today we had our 15/16 week doctor appointment. This was just a small check-up and only took about 30 minutes.

Dr. Fealko is our doctor and is awesome. I love that she still gets excited when it comes time to discuss the baby. She was just as excited to listen to the heartbeat as we were. When she was checking the heartbeat, little one was being stubborn and moved away every time we heard it. She just smiled and said "Baby is really rockin' it in there!" Anyway, baby's heartbeat is nice and strong. While listening to the baby, Dr. Fealko asked us if we wanted to know the sex at our next appointment (of course we do!). Then she asked if we wanted to know her opinion/guess on the gender....we said yes, and she thinks it is a boy! Now she was not just guessing, she said that babies with faster heartbeats tend to be boys. I guess we will all see in about 5 weeks......

In the meantime, Michael and I are doing well. We are still trying to wrap our minds around it, but that gets easier every day. My morning sickness is just about gone, but unfortunately it has been replaced with a very keen sense of smell that can send me to the bathroom just as easily...oh well, the joys of being pregnant I guess.  Anyway, that is all the time I have to write. Gotta get up early and go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment